Meet your independent B2B marketing consultant & copywriter for scientific & technical products & services
I provide marketing advice and content copywriting services to businesses that sell scientific and technical products and services to other businesses and research entities.
I operate at the overlapping intersection of three areas of influence:
- Scientific and technical products and services,
- Science applications and research, and
- Marketing and communications
If you’re in the business of produ
- Sensors or instruments to observe, monitor, or measure constituents, properties or processes,
- Equipment, platforms, or vehicles to deploy sensors and instruments,
- Analytical equipment for laboratory or in-field use,
- Software to process data, map, model, or forecast for decision support, or
- Sustainability or “green” products
…then I can help you achieve marketing success!
Also, if you’re a foundation or non-profit organization involved in…
- Conducting research on compromised or threatened wildlife or habitats, or
- Executing actionable strategies to restore, remediate, or protect the environment
…then I can help you with your fund-raising needs.
3 ways I can help you:
I specializes in serving three closely related niches where people solve challenges every day:
1. Scientific and technical products and services
- Small to large businesses desiring to grow sales of their science applications, technologies and services
- Progressive and innovative venture businesses looking to accelerate capture of market share early through varied market exposure strategies
2. Causal environmental restoration, remediation, and protection programs and stewardship foundations
- Clean up, remediation, and functional restoration of compromised environments
- Protection and sustainment of natural, wild & scenic, and sanctuary habitats
3. Sustainability and green products markets
- Companies offering technology products and services to these fast-growing markets
You benefit from a scientist writing your content!
…Someone who isn’t intimidated writing about complex subject matter.
…Someone who can express it clearly in a concise and compelling manner.
Hi, I’m Charles Laymon.
I’m the only independent B2B scientific and technical copywriter and content marketing strategist with diverse and relevant experience not found in any other writer. For example…
When you work with me, you get:
- A scientist-writer with a Ph.D., strong product and industry knowledge from 25 years of cutting-edge professional experience working at NASA
- A subject matter expert in Earth and environmental science, remote sensing, modeling, technology development processes
- A professional with business leadership experience in corporate, academic and government research
- A partner on your creative team who has been a consumer of technology products…who thinks like scientists do…who speaks the language of scientific methods and technology development processes,
- A technical writer who has published in scientific journals, written technical content for magazines, web sites, and brochures, etc., and
- A communications specialist who’s been trained by the best in the industry—the American Writers and Artists, Inc.—B2B content writing, copywriting, Web copy, and SEO.
I am a scientist and performed research for a NASA contractor for 23 years before becoming the Director of the Science and Technology Institute at the National Space Science and Technology Center.
I’ve worked at the intersection of private business, academic, and government research.
I’ve applied ground, airborne and space borne remote sensor data to model natural processes and supply input to decision support tools. I’ve designed remote sensing instruments for aircraft and the International Space Station to exploit these platforms and fill voids in our sensing capabilities.
Businesses recognize the value of a copywriter who…
- Demonstrates project execution knowledge and expertise
- Is a trusted adviser who will contribute ideas and be an agile consultant
- Has competence to complete projects on time
- Is interested in your project’s success; committed to delivering results
- Is professional, dependable, and easy to work with
During my research career, I honed my professional writing skills for scientific journal papers and news articles, research proposals, technical presentations, etc. My commercial writer training is from the industry’s best—the American Writers and Artists, Inc.
My clients recognize the value of a writer with…
- Strong product and industry knowledge
- Subject matter expertise in Earth and environmental science, remote sensing, modeling, technology development, etc.
- Experience in corporate, academic and government research
- Leadership of diverse multicultural, multidisciplinary research and engineering teams
- Necessary skills and abilities
- Insight into how scientists think
- Understanding of buying psychology
- Marketing trends and SEO best practices
- Strong, clear, persuasive copywriting skills that keep prospects engaged and motivate them to buy
I’m passionate about scientific discovery, learning, and harnessing technology innovation to improve stewardship and resilience for future generations.
As an adolescent at the height of the environmental movement…
My professional career evolved…water cycle processes and climate…validating measurements made by NASA’s newest satellites…consumer of large “considered” purchases… thought processes for considered purchases… Today, I strive to…
My business is my vehicle to fulfill that objective.
Thought and Performance Leadership
A wise, former manager at NASA Headquarters used to preach on the necessity to…
“Always be at the front end of the camel!”
Thought leadership is an overused term these days and is meaningless without results-driven performance leadership.
I will always be at the forefront of B2B marketing. The buying psychology of scientists and technologists will not change, but marketers we will continue to invent new ways to find and interact with outbound and inbound prospects.
- Google is changing the way web content is searched and rated forcing us to rethink search engine optimization strategies.
- With more emphasis on quality content, it is more important than ever that your corporate message is consistent throughout all of your content material.
- Recent surveys indicate that majority of B2B prospects desire more visual and interactive content.
Marketing techniques are constantly evolving. I vow to stay current with the latest marketing industry trends and provide my clients with well-conceived marketing blueprints that maximize results.
This is a strategic partnership!
You help me to understand your business, your audience, and the contextual landscape of your offerings.
I will leverage my professional experience and knowledge of the latest results-achieving marketing tactics to help you…
Let’s cultivate adoption of your products and services
I will advise on marketing strategy and produce communications content that expresses complex subject matter clearly and lowers barriers to successfully attract, resonates, engage, educate and connect with prospects through the buying journey.
I will earn your trust as a business success partner and advocate.
Put my experience and skills to work for you. Let’s explore ways that I can help you have a successful year.
What clients are saying…
“Great Special Report, Charles. Communicating honestly and with integrity is the best way to market to Engineers, Scientists and other intellectuals. They see right through anything less. I agree that “diverse content” is key to addressing the needs of the decision committee.”
Scott WeatherallMarketing Manager
“I always love it when I find a writer who takes feedback with grace. Even better, when I find a writer who immediately understands and applies the feedback to make their work stronger. Chip Laymon is one of those rare writers. He delivers good work that is clearly written and well organized. I look forward to working with him in the future.”
Heather RobsonManaging Editor, AWAI Wealthy Web Writer
“You did an excellent job…Your subject line is great. Attention-grabbing, clear and benefit-focused. Overall, motivating and benefit-focused copy throughout. Well done. You’re an excellent, solid copywriter.”
Steve SlaunwhiteBestselling author, columnist and copywriting expert